Recently a new iOS 9.1 jailbreak was released, PanGu Team updating PanGu9 tool allowing exploitation of this version of the operating system on any devices equipped with a 64-bit chip.
According to PanGu, the iOS 9.1 jailbreak was possible thanks to an exploit that Apple has left it open in this version of the operating system, but it was closed in iOS 9.2, so jailbreak for the latest iOS versions is not possible. Basically, only those who own a device running iOS 9.1, their number is likely to be extremely small, can use PanGu9 to jailbreak. Also, there is no possibility to install iOS 9.1 right now if you have an older or newer iOS version.
Unfortunately PanGu Team did not provide details about the possible release of iOS 9.3 jailbreak solutions, so don’t get your hopes up too high, especially since the launch of iOS 9.3 is a few weeks away.
How to Use PanGu9 and Jailbreak iOS 9.1
To jailbreak iOS 9.1 using PanGu9, we have to make some actions to ensure that the procedure runs smoothly.
- First, you need to disable Find My iPhone app. Go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone;
- Second step you need to do is disable the Touch ID and Passcode that you find in Settings > Touch ID & Passcode;
- Third step you need to do is to make a backup, PanGu Team strongly recommend it;
- Ultimately you need to activate Airplane Mode. It is very important, the entire jailbreak process depends on it;
Remember, PanGu9 jailbreak is working on devices running iOS 9, 9.0.1, 9.0.2, 9.1.
- Connect your device to computer and close iTunes. Make sure you follow the steps above;
- Download PanGu9 from here. After successfully detecting your device click the “Start” button to initiate the procedure;
- If you already have jailbroken your device, choose “Already backup” to inject the exploit and the jailbreak procedure will start;
- After restarting you need to unlock and reactivate Airplane Mode;
- Now you need to provide access to photo library. Run the Pangu app and click the “Accept” button and then “OK” to provide access to photos;
- After performing this last step the jailbreak will be completed;