Luca Todesco, the well-known iOS hacker, is back in the spotlight with the latest jailbreak solution for iPhone 7 and 6S running iOS 10.1.1. But don’t get too excited, this iPhone jailbreak is extremely limited offering mostly the basic function, like admin access to the iOS operating system. Definitely, for a Cydia developer this means good news but NOT for the average user (at least not right now).
This iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak solution, called Yalu, is far from perfect and is constantly updating, so I recommend you stay away for now. Todesco still working on it, so every day there are new updates. The risk of encountering serious problems during installation is still quite high. Also it’s a tethered jailbreak for iPhone 7 and 6S, forcing you to redo the entire jailbreak process every time your iPhone reboots.
At the moment, Yalu is jailbreaking only on iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10, iOS 10.0.1, iOS 10.0.2, iOS 10.0.3, iOS 10.1, iOS 10.1.1. For now it is unknown whether the solution will include other 64-bit terminals like iPhone 6 or 5s.
If you’re a Cydia developer or just an adventurous jailbreak user, I strongly recommend you make a backup using iTunes or iCloud, it is necessary to have a copy of the data if the procedure fails.
Jailbreak iOS 10.1.1 using Yalu (beta)
- First you have to download Cydia Impactor on your computer, you can do from here;
- Next download Yalu jailbreak for iOS 10.1.1 from here;
- Unzip Cydia Impactor and open it. It is important NOT to open as administrator. Close “ Run as administrator” option;
- Now connect your iPhone to computer using a USB cable. iTunes is required to be pre-installed on computer;
- Disable Find My iPhone and safety code, along with Touch ID;
- Cydia Impactor should now recognize your iPhone. If it is not recognized, select it using the slider;
- Now go to the folder where you downloaded Yalu jailbreak;
- Drag and drop the mach_portal + yalu.ipa over the Cydia Impactor window;
- First enter your Apple ID, that email address used for Apple ID;
- Now enter the Apple ID password and wait for the installation to take place. If Cydia Impactor displays various errors, restart the entire procedure;
- On iPhone go to Settings – General – Device Management – Profile;
- Select the field in which it is mentioned your Apple ID;
- Press Trust, then you can open the Yalu App;
- After a few seconds the iPhone screen will be blue. Shortly will restart and have Cydia installed;
Do not forget, you have to run Yalu jailbreak after every iPhone reboot to use Cydia.