A cost-free jailbreak can make any Apple phones such as iPhone 4, 4s, 5 or even the latest versions iPhone 6 and 6 plus wishes come true, which includes download, install and run lots of remarkable applications, customize options, tether with laptop and iPad, etc. Perhaps certain iPhone users consider an untethered jailbreak as being a prolonged and difficult procedure.
In fact, a proper "jailbreak" it’s quite easy to perform not influencing the performance of your terminal, although entirely reversible, performing properly for all your Apple phones.
Shortly after the iPhone’s very first release in the year 2007, people began to pontificate about ways to potentially use Web applications in a way that wasn’t completely limited to the Apple’s mandatory browser. After the iPhone 3G was on the shelves, however, people were amazed by all of the thousands upon thousands of applications that could now be directly downloaded to the phone itself without the need for browser interaction. Even though there are now well over ten thousand different applications that people can download and make use of at their leisure, there are still a certain amount of limitations that customers still seek to bypass.
The science of iPhone JailBreaking
Jailbreaking is the answer to many people’s desires to find a new way of bypassing the limitations set upon them by Apple’s integrate web application security; the name practically speaks for itself. With a jailbroken iPhone, you can have access to a variety of features that Apple has locked off; the locked off capabilities are relatively standard fare in other cell phones, making many people see a jailbroken iPhone as essentially just being a properly working, modern phone. Some of the features that were blocked off prior to the implementation of jailbreaking were things as simple as video recording, a personalized ringtone, zooming in for better focus in a picture, and being able to customize the general interface with your own icons. With the use of a jailbreak, an iPhone 4s owner is able to have access to all limited features thanks to the ability to run on third party applications that Apple has chosen not to distribute on its own. The programs are, in order to avoid any skirmishes with Apple, distributed entirely through the developing party and kept in circulation completely independently. If the third party applications were distributed through Apple, then the third-party developers would have to pay a distribution fee.
The Potential of JailBreaking
If you’re feeling just a little bit more anarchistic than the average bear, then there may be more attractive things to look than just being able to record a slightly longer video than what’s typically allowed. When a phone is completely jailbroken, there are even more things that the user can do than what a less informed person may initially believe. Before we can dive into what’s truly the reach of jailbroken iPhone capabilities, however, we must first realize just how the regular iPhone is run.
Advantages and Disadvantages
The benefits are obvious. A jailbroken iPhone is able to provide much more functionality than the standard one. Here are some of the jailbreak benefits:
- The ability to unlock the network;
- The possibility of modifying the system files;
- The ability to install applications rejected by Apple and other applications developed by third-party companies via Cydia;
- Able to install any software for free;
- Possible customization for a device that have installed previous versions of iOS;
- Bluetooth transfer between iPhone and other devices (iPhone, iPod, PC, … any device that has Bluetooth)
Disadvantages are little. The jailbreak process is completely reversible by a simple restore in iTunes. The only real disadvantage can occur when you jailbreak your iPhone, the process crashes and sometimes you are forced to resume it or do a restore.
- The possibility of losing the warranty. However, by a simple restore process in iTunes, bring the phone to its original shape;
- Impairing the functionality, for many applications installed on Cydia. Applies when you abuse the installing software;
Cydia is a program that can be used to install, browse and download all of the third party applications that you’ll ever need, and it’s located in the general jailbreaking tools that you’ll get when searching for your own virtual rig to completely free Web application browsing.
Potential to Unlock any iPhone
Another major reason to consider jailbreaking is that it opens the window to unlocking the phone. While jailbreaking and unlocking would seem very easy to get confused as meaning the exact same thing, they are actually quite different. To jailbreak a phone means to get it an unlimited range of access to third party applications, unlocking the iPhone refers to the carrier. An iPhone that’s been unlocked has had its SIM lock broken, which allows it have complete compatibility with any carrier that the user chooses to subscribe it to. A jailbroken iPhone does not immediately imply that the phone can be subscribed to any carrier than the person wants, but it does mean that the phone at least has the potential.
The ability to unlock a phone is given to the iPhone after jailbreaking because of the effects on the phone’s firmware, allowing it to have access to any number of third party applications. Firmware is easy to understand if you combine your understanding of hardware and software. Hardware has to do with the physical components of your device, software has to do with the programs that can be activated and run on the device, and firmware concerns the internal code that gives different instructions for the hardware to follow. Firmware can be compared to a “script” that the iPhone follows in order for it to operate. Your iPhone firmware also determines the level of the different installed security patches within the device to be activated in the case that they are actually needed. While Apple often releases an updated version of firmware to make their devices less susceptible to bugs and to provide refurbished features, a jailbroken iPhone will generally have no need for such updates.
Do not confuse jailbreak with unlock (unlock the device from a certain network to use any carier). Jailbreak without unlock possible, not vice versa!
Things to Remember about iPhone Jailbreak
Jailbreaking your iPhone can indeed be an attractive and relatively economical concept; there are several small details that shouldn’t be glossed over if you’re really going to go through with it. The kind of method used to a jailbreak a phone varies between different models, so you have to acquaint yourself with your specific model of phone and the methods for jailbreaking that phone specifically; neglecting to check could result in causing irreparable damage to your device, which will be voided due to you making alterations to the manufacturing settings.
Is it Legal?
Yes! There have been attempts in the U.S. for this process to be outlawed but the trial court has given the verdict that the jailbreak process is perfectly legal as long as you do not use code owned by someone else.
All one needs to do first is to do is find a reputable free jailbreak tool to handle the job. One must also check if the latest version of iTunes is running on your iPhone. This must be properly in sync so that important files will be backed up easily.
If you’re interested in learning how to jailbreak iPhone for free, here are some step-by-step guide that you can follow to make it possible:
Here’s How to Jailbreak iPhone Running iOS 8.4 - 8.1
Recently, Apple released its new iOS 8 update, known as Version iOS 8.4. This update provides various improvements and fixes to iOS devices including a fix to an issue with the iTunes Store ringtone. At this point it appears that Apple hasn't yet fixed the security exploits which allow users to jailbreak their iPhones.
TaiG has just released version 2.4.3 of its iOS 8 jailbreaking tool, and this one is capable of jailbreaking iOS 8.4. As with past releases of jailbreaking tools, this one is also a Windows-only tool. So, you can follow our step-by-step guide if you're running Windows. If you're on Mac then you should use our virtual machine tutorial on running Windows OS X and jailbreaking.
The TaiG jailbreaking tool comes complete with version 1.1.23 of the Cydia Store, and this can be installed by the user during the process of jailbreaking.
Please note: iTunes must be installed on Windows so it can be recognized by your iPhone 4s.
- If possible, update to iOS 8.4 on your iPhone using a fresh install;
- Connect your iOS device to your terminal: now disable Passcode Lock and Find My iPhone;
- Download the TaiG 2.4.3 tool, extract it, and then run it;
- Your iPhone should automatically be detected by the Taig tool. Once it's been detected, uncheck the 3K Assistant app install option, then click the green start button;
- Once the jailbreak has been completed you'll be prompted to close the TaiG tool;
Now you can launch Cydia on your iPhone. Enjoy your new found freedom with your jailbroken iOS 8.4 install.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 using Pangu
The Pangu team have done it again! They've just released their Pangu8 jailbreak tool, allowing you to jailbreak your iPhone running iOS 8 and iOS 8.1 on Windows and Mac. If, like so many other users, you've been waiting for instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone for free, here they are, using Pangu8 (for Mac).
Before you begin, here are some important points:
- Pangu supports iOS8 and iOS 8.1 on iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6 and 6 Plus;
- Before you alter anything at all on your Apple device remember to make a backup. There are always risks with jailbreaking so protect yourself by using iTunes or iCloud to cover yourself: Go to Settings, then iCloud - Storage - Backup, and then turn on iCloud Backup.
- It's important to disable Passcode Lock and Find My Phone before you begin the jailbreaking process. Once you've completed the jailbreak you can re-enable them.
- And finally, it's important that you have the very latest install of iTunes (12.0.1 or even newer) and let it run throughout the entire process.
We've had many reports that this free jailbreak tool works very well, but just in case something does go wrong it's nice to know you've got an escape plan.
This particular guide is designed for Mac users, however the steps are very similar for Windows users.
- Download the latest version of the Pangu jailbreak tool;
- Using the USB cable connect your computer to your iPhone;
- Turn off 'Find My Phone': go to Settings, iCloud, Find My Phone, enable Airplane Mode, Disable Passcode from Settings, Touch ID & Passcode;
- Locate the Pangu dmg file and right click. This will advise that Pangu8 is a downloaded application from the Internet and ask if you're sure you want to continue. To continue, click on the Open button;
- It may take some time for Pangu to detect your terminal. Once it's found it, click on the 'Start Jailbreak' blue button;
- If you've followed the instructions as per Step 3, and used iTunes to make a backup of your device, you can now click on 'Already Did' and move on to the jailbreak;
- The jailbreaking process will begin. Your device will reboot several times during the jailbreaking process, but don't be concerned - this is normal behavior;
- Pangu will inform you when the jailbreak has completed with 'Jailbreak Succeeded'! You should now have the Cydia icon on your home screen.
Once your jailbreak has been successfully completed on your iPhone you can go ahead and disable AirPlane Mode and re-enable Find My Phone and Passcode.